Computer based Test (CBT) and Online examinations, sometimes referred as e-examinations, are the examinations conducted through the internet or in an intranet. Results can be generated on the finish of examination or just after auditing the data.
Benefits of CBT and online examination:
- Minimum or zero cost for printing and data entry
- Reduces Paper
- Reduces printing transportation
- Reduces administration costs
- Improves security of the testing enterprise
- Faster test scoring
- Reliable, Robust, flexible
- Question bank and randomization of questions and response (choice) orders to reduce cheating
- Automated analysis of results of entire candidates
- Access to interactive item formats
Computer based test (CBT):
Computer Based Test (CBT) has emerged as one of the recent innovative approaches to assessments by Examination Bodies. The CBT is better option for hiring candidates or selecting students for a course. This option is perfect solution for big education institutions or Boards, Govt. / Semi Govt. organisations or PSU.s
Online examination is as same as CBT to an extend. But the difference is that it runs on internet which can be beneficial for coaching institutes, social organisations etc to conduct a test. Today many organizations are conducting online examinations world wide successfully and issue results online.